Autodesk Inventor is a computer-based 2-D and 3-D application that is made for visualization, documentation, and stimulation by Autodesk.
There are different kinds of CAD software tools available, but Autodesk Inventor is worth putting forward because of its variety of functions and features that make it unique.
This particular software has many other types of terminology and workflow than the usual ones.
This software is parametric- based which is its USP and this is the reason why people are switching from AutoCAD or Solidworks towards it.
Besides that, there are some other advantages and disadvantages for which many people are not able to adapt well. Let us discuss the pros and cons of Autodesk Inventor in detail.
A Brief Introduction To Autodesk Inventor
Autodesk Inventor is one of the best products of Autodesk. It is used by many architectures, engineers, students, etc. The main purpose of this software is to design products, simulate, visualize, and document.
Pros And Cons Of Autodesk Inventor
Before buying any products it is important to check their benefits and limitations as it gives you the right edge regarding that software. That is why here we have mentioned the positive and negative aspects of Autodesk inventors in detail:
What Are The Advantages Of Autodesk Inventor?
- Automation through parametric design- The best and the foremost advantage of Autodesk Inventor is parametric design. It puts all the work of shaping in automation after identifying the dimensional measures of a model.
- Simple engineered interface- Understanding the functionality of the Autodesk Inventor is a cakewalk for everyone who uses this type of software and creates professional blueprints and re-creating model data.
- Translation of 3-dimensional model- This particular feature is not only beneficial to the user but also for the people who don’t use it. One can use Inventor to open any 3-D model which doesn’t belong to it originally.
- Detection of interference- A person, when working in a confined location or highly secured place, this feature helps the user a lot. It is required to detect all kinds of interference.
- Easy Bill of Materials (BOM)- It is one of the best features that Autodesk Inventor provides. It offers various ways for sorting and filtering which blends well with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) which makes the work very easy.
So, all these are the benefits of Autodesk Inventor now it’s time to check the limitations of Autodesk Inventor.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Autodesk Inventor?
- Inappropriate Mate feature- When it comes to building assemblies the Mate feature sometimes does not work properly. Mistakenly two pieces are flipped in different directions when they should be placed in such a way so that it makes a circle.
- Inadequate features for modeling editing- There are no such smart or advanced features available for drawing. For this reason, one needs to move to another software to complete the task properly, especially drawing, and also there is no feature recognition tool and surface modeling.
- Absence of dark theme- For those, who spend hours and hours in front of computers working on Inventors need a dark mode for protection of their eyes. Hopefully, this will be included soon in Autodesk Inventor.
- Won’t work on MAC- It does not work on MAC which is the biggest disadvantageous point for Autodesk Inventor. And even when it works for PC, it requires a powerful PC because it starts hogging on the operating system and memory card.
- Absence of 3-D mouse- It is difficult to navigate without a 3-D mouse to rotate or move work. When other such platforms offer these kinds of features, people prefer them to use rather Inventor.
Features Provided By Autodesk Inventor
Autodesk inventor comes with many amazing features that make engineer’s work easy. Because of its advanced features, this software has gained immense popularity let find out what are they:
1 Product Designing
With the help of Autodesk inventor 3D CAD software, you can easily make products and mechanical designs. Also, it has many other features that give your product a 3D Look.
This feature comes with shared view collaboration through which you can collaborate on your model or design online. So, that anyone can view and share their comments. Also, it maintains an associative link to non-native CAD data.
3 Design Automation
It enables rapid configuration powered by iLogic also, it comes with automated frame design. Using this feature you can design and make complex sheet metal products for manufacturing.
Its model-based definition includes manufacturing information of your 3D model for downstream application. Moreover, it provides you multiple types of modeling such as flexible modeling, direct modeling, freedom modeling, etc.
5 Connected Data
This software integrates your mechanical and electronic designs into a single file. Also, you can easily control your data management.
You can perform dynamic simulation, apply forces to check the motion, speed, and accelerate your design. Moreover, it performs a deep analysis of your product design at any level.
Autodesk Inventor Pricing Structure
Monthly Plan: This plan will cost you $275 per month.
Annual Plan: It will cost you $2190 annually.
3 Year Plan: This plan will cost you $5915
Final Conclusion For Benefits And Limitations Of Autodesk Inventor:
These were all the key pros and cons of Autodesk Inventor. But there is uncertainty that it’s the best of all software available in the market now. You can use this software as per your requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Autodesk Inventor Good?
Yes, Autodesk Inventor is a very nice software you can make any kind of machine design using this software. Also, it works precisely for creating the combination of custom fabricated parts and purchased pre-designed products.
Is Autodesk Inventor Easy?
Yes, Autodesk Inventor comes with an easy-to-use interface so that it can be used by anyone easily.
Is Autodesk Inventor Better Than AutoCAD?
Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD are two different programs for one another also they are best in their own way. But if you want to create 3D models then Autodesk Inventor is a great choice above all.